Sunday, November 4, 2007

You would think I had children...

...given the large number of baby items I've produced this year. It's just a reminder that all of my friends are happily having children while I sit around wondering why I just don't feel the urge. Maybe once we are settled into the new house and I feel more secure I'll get the urge again. Until then I can satisfy my need for cute, quick FO's with baby gifts for friends.

This was a request for another EZ February baby sweater... my third this year. Jenny's sister is having a little girl and Jenny, who has attempted to knit but wasn't bitten by the bug, wanted to give her something special. So, since I was already knee deep in Christmas gifts, this is Jenny's "gift"... at least until after Christmas.

I changed the sweater up a bit this time. I used the same yarn from my first one, but since I have discovered the magic of blocking I used that and a bit larger needle so it would end up a bit bigger. I'm sure EZ won't mind if I didn't get gauge since babies come in all sizes, right?

Pattern: Elizabeth Zimmermann's Baby Sweater on Two Needles Practically Seamless
Needles: Size 6 Knitpicks options
Yarn: Elann Peruvian Highland Silk in Dusty Rose

6 comments:

tiennieknits said...

It's very pretty!

Sara said...

I really like that sweater. When I have my girl, I'm sure she would love one! :) If I have another boy, maybe he could get a matching hat for the sweater you made for Tal.

You're right. Once you get settled in the house, you might get the baby itch. It's not for everyone, though, and that's ok. It would cut into your craft time. :) I imagine you'll have plenty of "nieces and nephews" to dote on if you guys decide not to have one of your own. I must admit that it is the most life-changing (in good and bad ways) and fulfilling thing I've ever done.

Sorry I called so late last night. The weekend got away from me, as usual. Because you had already gone to bed, I had to mop the kitchen and bathroom floors instead. Ick. I'll try you again this week. Love you!

Nelly Knits said...

beautiful baby sweater, i want to make one for my baby cousin, but I need to get the book for the pattern first...that would help.

Kessa said...

Really cute! I need to find a baby to knit this for!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous :) I can't wait to get the package!!!!!

Joan said...

You totally rock with those EZ sweaters! So pretty.

Don't rush the babies. Enjoy your new house and new man a bit. ;-}