Sunday, February 18, 2007

Oh the cuteness!

I totally cheated by making my first sweater a baby sweater, but who cares. Look at that cuteness! I hope little Nora loves it.

Pattern: February Baby Sweater from Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitters Almanac


Yarn: Elann Highland Silk in Celadon


Needles: Knitpicks options size 6

This yarn was great to work with. It's nice and soft and yet very affordable. It has a great sheen to it and the color is just gorgeous. It's a bit more green than it appears in this picture. EZ, of course, is the goddess of patternmaking. I really feel as if I learned a lot making this one and now I feel ready to tackle almost anything. Seamless hybrid here I come!


And as proof that I have been making progress, here is the lovely Lady E. Photos do not do her justice. The colors are a bit more muted and earthy in real life. I keep praying that it stays cold, at least in NH and SC where I will be visiting, throughout March so I can get this done and wear it.

5 comments:

kidpal said...

The baby sweater is beautiful. I'm proud that you are becoming a superb knitter, even better than your mom. I would love the pattern!

kidpal said...

Love the sweater and the apple hat. You have learned alot about knitting--even more than your mom. Can you share the pattern for the sweater.

Jenny said...

Oh. Mah. Gah. I need that. I am so proud of you. It looks amazing.

CWH said...

That turned out so great, Kate! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it in person tonight. :D

Anonymous said...

gorgeous sweater! i need to make it now! love it!