Thursday, January 11, 2007

Project #1 down!!


Woot! It took 10 days, but I made the scarf for the red scarf project! (Ok, I need to weave in the ends, but I cannot find my needles and I suspect the cats have taken them) I was so excited, I snapped a picture. And yes, this is the view right outside my front door.
Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. I really loved this pattern. This scarf was made in Red Heart Soft yarn knit in the oh so popular on the internet Irish Hiking Scarf pattern. It knit up really easily but this yarn tends to snag quite a bit. Great and cheap for learning on though.
Get used to this pattern, I'll be using it a lot. I love cables more than life itself. Ok, not that much, but seriously have you ever seen a more beautiful thing than a bunch of cables? And they are deceptively easy. Shhh. Don't tell anyone.
Jen and Ren better like this pattern because I am making their scarves in it as well. But they will be very different because the yarn is different.
I've now cast on and actually made a bunch of progress on the needle case for MIL's belated birthday gift, but I'm running low on yarn. I didn't buy enough at all. Whoops. Back to the LYS. So today I frogged Jenny's scarf and started it over in this pattern. I have to admit, I still hate the color she picked, but it looks so much better than the original basketweave pattern I was using, and the cables help to give it some fluffiness.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job! It looks great. And I'm so jealous that it was you see from your front door. you know what I see? A busy road, a gas station and a bus stop. Yay.

Michelle said...

I don't know what is coolest, charity knitting, making the IHS in 10 days, or the fact you mastered cables so quickly in your knitting career! :)