Saturday, February 10, 2007

Don't distract me while knitting



Or I have to frog. Tears streamed down as I frogged back 9 rows of the gull pattern on this baby sweater. But, I managed to make up for it and get down to the sleeves! You can almost tell it is a sleeve in this first picture. It's the part that sticks out a bit. Whoo hoo!

I have discovered that I am not good at watching movies and following patterns at the same time. I am not smart at all, apparently. No multitasking for me. Hopefully I should be able to make a bigger dent on this today.


Here's also a close up of the gull pattern. Gorgeous, no?



6 comments:

Michelle said...

Both the yarn and the pattern are beautiful!

Briana E. said...

Wow, what a pretty pattern! When I started Backyard Leaves I had to do it in complete silence and alone in the beginning.

You asked about my needles for Lady E. I started out with circular 9 needles, and made the triangles and a row of retangles or two, it didn't look as tight as I had liked so I switched over to circular 8 needles, the transition didn't make that much of a difference so I kept on knitting. The size 8's worked perfectly for me. Are you using Silk Garden Yarn?

Briana E. said...

Wow, what a pretty pattern! When I started Backyard Leaves I had to do it in complete silence and alone in the beginning.

You asked about my needles for Lady E. I started out with circular 9 needles, and made the triangles and a row of retangles or two, it didn't look as tight as I had liked so I switched over to circular 8 needles, the transition didn't make that much of a difference so I kept on knitting. The size 8's worked perfectly for me. Are you using Silk Garden Yarn?

CWH said...

That's going to be so cute, Kate!

Joan said...

Oooh, that lace pattern is just gorgeous, Kate! And welcome to the Lady Eleanor KAL! Having the group spurs us along when the tedium hits. ;-)

LisaW. said...

Hey that's a great baby sweater! which EZ pattern please? what yarn are you using? Enquiring knitters want to know. Enjoyed reading through your blog. Welcome to the LE KAL! I'm doing Patons SWS too. Stop by sometime!