Monday, October 1, 2007

Horrible pictures, warm sweater

My office is rather cold and now that I live where I can enjoy fall I decided I need a chunky sweater that can be thrown over anything. I had planned to make the hedgerow coat, but I don't have enough time with all the Christmas gifts looming, so I took the Lion Wool-ease meant for Hedgerow and held two strands together for Lion Brand's Autumn Afternoons cardigan.

I didn't like the curling associated with all over stockinette called for in the pattern, so I added 4 rows of seed stitch at the bottom edge, and then made the shawl collar seed stitch as well. I'm also making the back and sides at one time until the armholes, which I have just reached. Now I will go back and forth and leave on the needles to do a 3 needle bind off for the shoulders, I think.

That will work, right?

1 comment:

a friend to knit with said...

That will definitely work!
And, I think it actually looks better.