Sunday, January 27, 2008

Detroit's New Graffiti

These and many less destructive paper versions of the same message have been popping up all over the city. As Flashpoint says "An exposed coverup is worse than the original transgression."

When we moved to Detroit, both Weatherboy and I had serious questions about Kwame. The rumors of the infamous party and missing stripper, the Escalade episodes... but he also still gave us such hope. Projects like the Monroe Block deal have given me hope that when I tell non-Detroiters that the city is growing like a sunrise from the river out and up, that I am not talking out of my ass.

The bottom line is that Kwame cost us $9 million because he couldn't keep his d*ck in his pants. He fired three good cops to cover up his booty calls held nationwide using city funds. And once again the city of Detroit gets another black eye.

Over the next few months I plan to attempt to chronicle some of the reasons why I love this city so much already. My camera isn't the best and neither are my skills but I hope that you can understand why I am so outraged. This city has so much promise, hope, and soul.

3 comments:

pia said...

I look forward to reading! My intended is from the Detroit metro area and I've only visited once, but will visiting more now!!!

Colleen said...

It's so tough when you establish yourself in a city you love and want to promote and people (people in authority)do dumb-ass things to ruin it. I live in Rochester, NY and jobs dwindle by the day as factories move elsewhere (Kodak and Bausch and Lomb cut jobs by the thousands every few months), buildings are left vacant, young people don't stay after college, etc and then our politicians care of nothing but themselves.
Keep using your voice to support the city you love and it will turn around again!

Joan said...

Bravo, girlfriend!