Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Witness to History

I have cried 4 or 5 times already. I am so thrilled and excited and proud of my country.... Not just because of race, but because we had two roads before us, and we chose to take the high road. This win will have a profound impact on politics. We chose to reject negative campaigning and to believe in hope. It's amazing.

The streets of Detroit were alive last night with celebration. On our way home from the Lager House, where we watched the results, cars were honking and folks cheered to each other at each stoplight. Pedestrians raised their arms in triumph and danced in the streets.

Yes we can.

And for posterity's sake... J and I just after casting our vote.

1 comment:

Sara said...

The first thing that came out of my mouth when the Obamas walked on the stage last night was, "What in the HELL is she wearing?!" I jumped out of bed and ran to the TV for a closer look (because I wasn't wearing contacts/glasses). Michelle's dress was HIDEOUS! It made her look pregnant or like she had a beach ball under part of her dress. Who the hell designed that? Normally she is dressed so well. Not last night. Loved his speech, though. :)