Monday, September 3, 2007

Rest in Peace, Tallulah Belle


Tallulah Belle
Originally uploaded by kbelle.
We lost our beloved eldest cat, Tallulah, on Thursday after a very brief and unexplained illness. This weekend we drove to Western Michigan to bury her on the family farm with other pets from my husband's childhood.

Tallulah truly chose to live with my dog Annie and I, at a time when my life was very stressful and I needed a lot of love to get me through. She and Annie met in the lobby of our vet and they touched each other gently through the cage. I adopted her on the spot, and just a few short hours later I met my now husband. She was playful and mischievous and could hold a grudge like nobody's business. She most definitely adopted DH and would shove her way onto his lap the second he sat still.

We miss you dearly, Tallulah. Please know that although your time with us was short you will be loved and remembered forever.

6 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so sorry. :( Love you.

Joan said...

Oh, Kate, I am so sorry! It's 5 months today that I lost my beautiful girl, so I can relate. How nice of you to bury them all together. Imagine that fun that goes on there when no one is looking. ;-}

tiennieknits said...

I am so sorry!

Michelle said...

What a devastating loss, I am so sorry!

CWH said...

Oh poor Tallulah ! Such a sweet and beautiful kitty. I know she loved having you as her forever home. *Hugs to you, Jared, Annie and the kitties*

kidpal said...

Truly a wonderful cat! Grammie B's favorite, I will miss her.